Sunday Afternoon Workshop-Series for Recorders, Strings, Woodwinds and Singers Presented by Daphna Mor
Led by Daphna Mor, this four-part series for sight-readers explored the special techniques and sounds of the Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque periods and non-European music for wind, string and choral musicians.
Medieval Music – Oct. 31, 2004
- The melodies and nuances of playing medieval music on recorders.
- Proper posture and breath
- Bonus glimpse of the fun world of contemporary music and its techniques.
Renaissance Music – Nov. 7, 2004
- The colorful sounds of sacred and secular tunes and the art of consort-playing in the period that delivered some of the best-ever polyphonic music for recorder ensembles.
- Ensemble skills and intonation.
Baroque Music – Dec. 12, 2005
- The great masters and different styles of Italian, German and French baroque. Ornamentation and phrasing.
Non-European Music – Feb. 13, 2005
- Rarely explored repertoires and styles from the Middle East, Eastern Europe, South America and more, including percussion accompaniment.
- Different flavors, new tonalities and new rhythms.